Saint-Lazare’s Local market
In April 2021, the City announced the return of the local market every second Saturday of the month in the City Hall parking lot from May to October. Since then, two editions have taken place. The organizers now want to survey visitors to find out their satisfaction and better meet their expectations.
Please take a few minutes to share your experience by completing this short survey of 12 questions (approx. 3 minutes).
The survey closes on Friday 25 June at 4:30 pm.
Saint-Lazare’s local market
Artists, artisans and agricultural producers come together in the parking lot of the town hall (1960 Chemin Sainte-Angélique) :
- Every 2nd Saturday of the month
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- May to October
- In accordance with health regulations (masks must be worn).
- Cancellations due to weather conditions will be posted the same morning on the city’s Facebook page.
Don't forget to book the following Saturdays in your calendar!
- June 26 - exceptionnaly for the Fêtes de Saint-Lazare
- July 10
- August 14
- September 11
- October 9
Here is a preview of the products you will find at the local market in Saint-Lazare. Agri-food producers may be added when the harvest season begins. The list is subject to change.
- Art embroidered on canvas
- Bags, sun sensors, masks
- Bake goods, cookies, cupcakes
- Bath bombs
- Beeswax candles, flowers, lavender, and lavender oil
- Biscotti, cupcakes and other treats
- Blown glass jewelry
- Cabarets, signs, handicrafts and small wooden tables
- Cheese (goat cheese)
- Cloth bags, decorations and jewellery
- Cushions, night masks, bowl covers and other designer designs
- Custom cushions, clothing and cups, masks, towels, and other designs
- Custom porch signs, tool boxes, tox, boxes, growth charts, custom dog beds, artisanal wood crafts
- Cut flowers and bulbs
- Crickets (food made with)
- Decorative objects from branches, magic sensors
- Decorative panels, tool boxes, dog beds and other wood designs
- Decorative pots
- Designer clothing
- Dog treats
- Fashion Jewelry
- Fresh cut flowers, plants and bulbs
- Fresh fruit juices
- Fresh fruit popsicles
- Frozen gourmet lasagna
- Green cosmetics
- Gnomes, homemade salsa, preserves
- Handmade jewelry
- Handmade pens
- Handmade soaps, children’s soaps, shampoo and bar conditioner
- Handmade wooden bowls
- Handwoven Wayuu bags and hats from the Wayuu Tribe
- Italian cookies
- Jewelry and furnitures decorated with seashells
- Jewelry made from cutlery and customized accessories
- Lampwork glass jewelry
- Natural beauty products, bar shampoos and soaps, essential oils
- Natural stone framed art
- Nature and abstract framed photos
- Necklaces, rings, bracelets, chokers
- New jewelry boxes and furniture, shell designs
- No waste items (reusable dusters, tea pockets, etc.)
- Paper flowers
- Pebble art
- Pet items and personalized items/logos
- Pots (herbs and plants) and pampas
- Serving trays
- Soaps, shampoo, conditionners
- Soup cozies, pin cushions, sleep masks, neck pillows, tissue holders, pot holders, stove towels, popcorn bags, tortilla holders, fridge magnets
- Soy candles, natural beauty products
- Suncatchers and tote bags
- Swarovski Element Jewelry
- Wood and acrylic pens and letter opener
- Zero waste green products, paper towels, wipes, scouring pads
You are a craftsman? A producer? You would like to offer your products? Contact the coordinator Sofia Fuga by email at email@example.com for terms and conditions. Visit the Saint-Lazare’s artisans association Facebook page.
The City of Saint-Lazare is pleased to present the 5th edition of its Christmas Market. This document contains essential information for those who wish to participate.
- At the Saint-Lazare Community centre
- 1301 Rue du Bois, Saint-Lazare, Québec, J7T 3E6
- 450-424-8000, ext. 260
- Saint-Louis hall and main entrance in order to provide greater visibility for visitors.
Dates and opening hours
- Saturday, November 27, 2021: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, November 28, 2021: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The number of booths is limited.
- Priority is given to local artists and artisans, followed by regional artists and artisans.
- A limited number of artists and artisans will be accepted for each category: diversity and quality are essential to the desired environment and to guarantee a diversified offer to customers
- Price range: a wide range of prices is recommended to suit all budgets
- Photos of products mandatory: to help organizers assess artisans’ requests
- Must be present: the artisan must commit to be present for the entire duration of the event
- Mandatory inventory: the artisan must have the inventory required to respond to visitor requests during the two days.
- $0 for Saint-Lazare residents
- $60 (for 2 days without electrical needs)
- $70 (for 2 days with electrical outlet)
The registration fee includes for each artisan /exhibitor:
Included in the registration fee
Extra fee ($)
- 1 - 8 ft x 8 ft (2.4 m x 2.4 m) space
- 1 table 6 ft. x 2 ft. and 6 in. (1.82m x 0.80m)
- 2 chairs
1 -15-amp electrical output (to be specified on registration form)
Note: The artisan/exhibitor must provide their 100-foot electrical extension cord
- Display on walls
- Addition of furniture except for easels and displays to be located at the back of the table.
Deadline for receipt of documents
ALL following documents must have been received:
- Duly completed and signed registration form
- List of products and prices
- Printed photos (3) of products
- Cheque dated September 3, 2021
- MAPAQ permit – hard copy (food exhibitors)
- Proof of Insurance – hard copy (food exhibitors)
By mail or in person at the latest on Friday, June 25, 2021 at 7 p.m.
Bibliothèque municipale de Saint-Lazare /Christmas market
1275 Rue du Bois
Saint-Lazare (Québec) J7T 3E6
Confirmation of successful applications
Artists and artisans whose request is accepted will receive confirmation of their participation
- At the latest on July 5th, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Registration fees for unsuccessful applications will be returned by mail.
- There will be no refund: after September 4, 2021
Registration form and 2021 Artist and Artisan's Guide
- The Christmas Market is reserved for artisans, producers, independent artists and food merchants who wish to offer artistic works, items, regional products or foods that will ensure quality offerings at the market. Original and quality items, creations and products in keeping with the Christmas theme will be given priority.
- The Saint-Lazare cultural committee shall receive requests and select those who will take part in the event, without having to justify its decisions.
- The Christmas Market is a community event focused on artisanal, artistic and culinary products and creations. The sale of products other than those outlined in the registration form will not be accepted.
- Saint-Lazare Christmas Market dates and hours : Saturday, November 27 and Sunday, November 28, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Set-up Saturday, November 27 between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. All exhibition stands must be ready for 10 a.m. on Saturday, November 27.
- By accepting to take part in the Christmas Market, artists and artisans are required to permanently remain at their stands for the duration of the event and keep their stands set up until the event closing. Participants are prohibited from packing or removing their samples or products before the event closing.
- Modifying the layout of the stands is strictly prohibited.
- Exhibition stands must be impeccably arranged and maintained. Participants are responsible for decorating their stands.
- Any and all lighted visual signage or sound-based advertising is strictly prohibited. Wrapping, packages and other items that are not part of the stand presentation must be hidden from view at all times. Exhibitors are responsible for identification signage at their stands.
- Participants are solely responsible for the objects, items or products on display. The event’s organizer will in no way be held responsible for the theft, loss, breakage or other damage to said objects, items and accepts no liability.
- The Town of Saint-Lazare is not responsible for providing participants with products and services of any kind during the event. Its sole responsibility is that of providing artists and artisans with an adequate space during the event.
- Given increasingly common allergy issues, participants must provide a complete list of ingredients on each of their products. In addition to this, any participant providing a product tasting must display a clear sign indicating the possible presence of allergens (for example: may contain nuts, peanuts, etc.).
- Participants must be in good standing with the MAPAQ.