Halloween – door-to-door trick-or-treating allowed
With sanitary conditions
Public Health authorities have given the door-to-door trick-or-treating the go as long as the following precautions are respected:
Youth will be required to:
- Trick-or-treat only with people living under the same roof
- Limit themselves to the neighbourhood around their home
- Collect candy placed 2 metres away from the occupants of the house visited
- Stand 2 m from others
- Not to enter homes at any time
- Refrain from singing, shouting in front of the people whose house they are visiting
- Wash their hands before leaving their house and upon returning
Remember Halloween parties are prohibited.
Firefighters will conduct security patrols.Happy Halloween! And don’t forget to enter the “Halloween in Full View” contest.
2020 Halloween in full view Contest
The current realities of Covid-19 are no reason to forgo the magic of Halloween! The Town of Saint-Lazare invites everyone to contribute to creating a festive Halloween atmosphere, bringing magic to all our little monsters!
Take part in the Halloween plein la vue contest by transforming your property using themed decorations. You’ll have the chance to win 1 of three cash prizes! Public votes will determine the winners.
Given the current health advisories limiting social interactions, haunted houses and interactive displays/designs are not accepted in the contest.
Important note – Halloween with or without candies
If Public Health authorizes door to door trick-or-treating on Halloween night, contest participants who prefer not to hand out candy and are afraid their decorations might attract little monsters will be able to display a logo, provided by the Town, which reads “Halloween without candies”. Simply print the logo and place it in a window or on a post near the road.
Registering your display or decorations
- No later than Monday, October 26, 2020:
- Decorating must be complete by October 26.
- The registration form must be submitted by 4 p.m. at the latest and can only be filled out by a Saint-Lazare resident, 18 years of age or older.
- A photographer hired by the Town will take a photo of your display between Tuesday, October 27 and Wednesday, October 28.
Public voting on Facebook
- From Thursday, October 29 to Saturday, October 31, at 8 p.m. the public will be invited to vote in a Facebook survey on the Town’s Facebook page where photos will be posted (no addresses will be shown).
By registering for the contest, participants will have the chance to win 1 of 3 prizes.
- 1st prize: $300
- 2nd prize: $200
- 3rd prize: $100
Winners will be announced on Monday, November 2, 2020.
- With the exception of those mentioned in item 4 (below), the contest is open to individuals 18 years of age or older who live in Saint-Lazare (“resident”).
- One entry per person.
- Only one registration per household address.
- The following individuals are not eligible: Employees of the Town of Saint Lazare (including individuals residing in the same household as said employees), members of the Municipal Council including the Mayor of Saint Lazare, the Town’s sponsors, suppliers, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising or promotion agents and agencies and as well as employees of independent organizations affiliated with the Town of Saint-Lazare.
How to enter
- Participants must register online at www.ville.saint-lazare.qc.ca/halloween by Monday, October 26, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- By registering, participants give the Town of Saint-Lazare permission to send a photographer to their address to take pictures of their display. These photos will be used for the purpose of online public voting (on the Town of Saint-Lazare’s Web site and Facebook page).
- Displays must be completely set up by Tuesday, October 27. The photographer will be passing by to take photos between Tuesday, October 27 and Wednesday, October 28.
In accepting their prize, winners agree to release the Town and its representatives from all liability resulting from participation in the Contest or the participant’s acceptance, receipt and/or use or misuse of the prize. The Town and its representatives offer no guarantee of any kind, either expressed or implied, regarding the prizes.
In accepting their prize, winners agree to have their picture taken as part of the contest. Photos will appear in the Town of Saint-Lazare’s communication tools.
Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone.
Notice to participants, disclaimers and limitations of liability
Under the authority of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, the Town reserves the right to modify or terminate all or part of the Contest at any time and without notice, for any reason whatsoever. The Rules may be amended without notice to conform to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws, or to conform to any policy or other entity having jurisdiction over the Town.
Residents may submit any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.