Residual material collections
| Leaving your leaves on the ground IS THE ECOLOGICAL solution. To keep the soil nutrient-rich and generate healthier plants, composting leaves and grass clippings directly on the ground.
- Residual autumn leaves should be shredded with the lawn mower and left on the ground, which will save you hours of hard work. The cost of a mulching blade is around $20.
- In wooded areas, leaves must be left on the ground.
- If the layer of leaves is too thick for the lawn mower, gather your surplus leaves and leave them in the undergrowth or place them in a specially made wire mesh container where they will decompose naturally.
- Reserve large quantities of dead leaves for your backyard composter.
- Ideally, pine needles should be left under pine trees. They can also be used as mulch for acid-loving plants or be added in small quantity to your backyard composter.
- Leaves and garden waste that are composted and reused in your garden can help keep trees and plants healthy at no cost without producing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Watch our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3zTCb2W-8k
Instructions for the collect
- Your residence must be located in the urban perimeter or La Sucrerie domain (see the map).
- Only leaves, pine needles and green waste (garden waste) will be collected;
- Leaves can be deposit in compostable paper bags or in bulk in a garbage bin (open lid);
- No registration required
- No fees - it's free
- PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP;
- Bags must be protected from the weather until the day of collection;
- Paper bags are available in most home centres and hardware stores;
- Residents must obtain bags of approximately 110 litres/35 gallons (Size: 16 in. x 12 in. x 35 in.)
- Branches, logs, overweight (more than 50 pounds) or torn bags are not accepted and will not be collected.